I found this at Amazon’s Search Inside this Book for: No Stones: Women Redeemed from Sexual Addiction [Paperback], Marnie C. Ferree
It’s adapted from the AA twelve step program. I didn’t realize that numbers 8 and 9 involve getting right with those who’ve been hurt.
See: Asbury Revival, 1970: “Dr. Kinlaw, I am a liar. Now what do I do?”
Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA)
1.We admitted we were powerless over addictive sexual behavior — that our lives had become unmanageable
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God’s will for us and the power to carry that out.
12.Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other sex addicts and to practice these principles in our lives.
© 1988 by the International Service Organization of SAA, Inc., Houston TX. The Twelve Steps and Traditions are adapted with permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
I’m Adding Some Steps
See: Who-Goes-To-Heaven Scriptures — Narrow is the Way
To be free, it helps tremendously to know that lust is a salvation issue!
Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount (Mt. 5), we need to do whatever is necessary to be free from lust so we won’t go to Hell, so I think there should be more steps:
13. Realize that if we’re born-again Christians, God will never allow us to be temped beyond what we can overcome, always providing a way to escape willful sin (1 Cor. 10:13).
14. Acknowledge that if we are born-again Christians and willfully lust, we are literally now on the Highway to Hell, forfeiting our right to go to heaven, as long as we’re on that highway.
15. Acknowledge that if we willfully lust, we have opened the door for powerful, invisible, demon spirits to actually drive the addiction in our bodies, who make it seem impossible to get free.
16. Realize that through Christ, we can do all things — OVERCOMERS — more than conquerors!
17. Through God’s grace, we will crucify our flesh (Paul in Gal. 5), doing whatever we have to in order to not lust at all (Jesus in Mt. 5), which will remove the evil spirits’ rights (Eph. 4) to drive lust in our bodies.
18. Understand that steps 8 and 9 are important to be able to be ONE with each other and to be able to rest in God.
Did I miss any steps? Like forgiving those who hurt us, determining not to hate anyone from our now clean hearts?
Feel free to comment. And you can be TOTALLY ANONYMOUS. None of the boxes need to be filled out.
[Lust “the poison that kills the soul” FREEDOM] My experience: How DEMONS DRIVE heterosexual and homosexual lust in ‘Christians’ — The bad news is that demons drive lust. The good news is that demons drive lust, because…
All of my Lust Freedom! posts. We can be free!!!
Who-Goes-To-Heaven Scriptures — Narrow is the Way We must be free!!!
One thought on “Twelve Steps of Sex Addicts Anonymous involves getting right with those who've been hurt — so we can BE FREE! | I'm ADDING MORE STEPS.”
shelly big God Bless u. All glory to christ jesus.