Most evangelicals in America voted for this man instead of Ron Paul in 2008. Perhaps it’s time to find out the truth about John McCain, since I’m finding out in my discussions online that most still don’t know. Many watch FOX News, instead of listening to the HOLY Spirit, Who really is ‘Fair and Balanced,’ and Who will lead them sources of real truth, instead.
8 Facts That Prove John McCain is an Unhinged Warmonger
Ben Cohen on June 03, 2013
1. McCain is trying to up American involvement in the civil war raging in Syria. One of the most vocal critics of the Obama administration’s Syria policy, McCain secretly made a trip across the Turkey-Syria border with Gen. Salem Idris, the leader of the Supreme Military Council of the Free Syrian Army (FSA). He stayed in the country for several hours before returning to Turkey. According to The Daily Beast, “Both in Syria and Turkey, McCain and Idris met with assembled leaders of Free Syrian Army units that traveled from around the country to see the U.S. senator. Inside those meetings, rebel leaders called on the United States to step up its support to the Syrian armed opposition and provide them with heavy weapons, a no-fly zone, and airstrikes on the Syrian regime….
2. He helped the Bush Administration build a case for war in Iraq, despite any evidence of WMDs or Saddam’s links to Al-Qaeda. McCain was one of the most vocal supporters of the war in Iraq and helped Bush and Cheney build a fictitious case against Saddam that led to one of the greatest strategic disaster in US military history. McCain is the only veteran in the Senate who has not turned against the war and still maintains it was a great idea.
3. Unwilling to accept that America’s role in Iraq was increasingly pointless and counterproductive, McCain was a huge supporter of the ‘Surge’ in 2007. …
4. McCain believes in America’s divine right to occupy a country for as long as it likes in order to achieve its objectives. During a at a town hall meeting in New Hampshire in 2008, McCain was asked about the Bush administration’s willingness to keep troops in Iraq for 50 years. McCain cut the questionner off and said “Make it a hundred.”
5. McCain has long been a proponent of attacking Iran. Despite Iran not threatening anyone, not having nuclear weapons and not building any, …
An example: During a campaign appearance in South Carolina in 2007, McCain was asked by an audience member about potential U.S. military action in Iran. “How many times do we have to prove that these people are blowing up people now, never mind if they get a nuclear weapon. When do we send them an airmail message to Tehran?” a man asked. McCain replied, “That old, eh, that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran — “Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, anyway, ah ….”.
6. Regardless of its illegality, McCain has advocated bombing the infrastructure of enemy countries. Under Article 54 of Protocol I of the 1977 Geneva Conventions, it states that:
It is prohibited to attack, destroy, remove, or render useless objects indispensable to the survival of the civilian population, such as foodstuffs, agricultural areas for the production of foodstuffs, crops, livestock, drinking water installations and supplies, and irrigation works, for the specific purpose of denying them for their sustenance value to the civilian population or to the adverse Party, whatever the motive, whether in order to starve out civilians, to cause them to move away, or for any other motive
And here was McCain on the bombing of Serbia during the Balklans crisis in 1999:
No infrastructure targets should have been off limits. And while we all grieve over civilian casualties as well as our own losses, they are unavoidable.
7. McCain was vehemently anti the use of torture as an interrogation method by the military, then suddenly announced that the CIA shouldn’t be held to the same standards. …
8. There is good evidence that John McCain’s thirst for war is almost entirely down to political ambition.
John McCain: War Hero or Something Less? — ‘Songbird’ McCain’s cover up of Vietnam era POW sightings could have been driven by fear that some released prisoners might have unpleasant things to say about his activities while at Hoa Lo prison
McCain and the POW Cover-up: The “war hero” candidate buried information about POWs left behind in Vietnam
Video Report: McCain Suppressed Info on Fellow Vietnam POWs Left Behind
(video) Paul Craig Roberts: Government abandoned Vietnam POWs now COMPLETELY CONFIRMED! John McCain and others exposed!
(video) McCain Laughs, Sings “Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran”
(video) McCain Laughing About Killing Iranians Again
Ron Paul: Christian Just War Theory — “Evidently, I have been reading a different Bible. I remember something about ‘Blessed are the Peacemakers’”
Ron Paul’s Biggest Eye-Opener: ‘Christian’ Evangelicals Pushing Preemptive War in the Name of Spreading Christian ‘Love’
(video) Ron Paul Booed by Reverse-Christian Debate Audience for Endorsing the Golden Rule